Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Mum to give RM9.7mil bungalow to charity

A 76-YEAR-OLD Singaporean wo­­man plans to give a bungalow worth about S$4mil (RM9.7mil) to charity organisations instead of her children whom she labelled as unfilial, Guang Ming Daily reported.

The woman said the bungalow, bought by her and her 77-year-old husband, was supposed to be distributed among their four children.

“I will consult lawyers to amend the will so that the asset will be donated to charity organisations to help the needy. I will not leave a single cent to my children,” she said.

The woman said the children had sent her to an old folk home since she was discharged from hospital last year.

She claimed her husband had injured her during an argument last May after he returned some wine she had bought for him.

However, her eldest daughter refuted the claim, saying her mother was sent to the home under the advice of a psychologist and social welfare workers.

“The psychologist and social workers said my mother was not suitable to stay with my father, who suffers from Alzheimer’s disease,” the daughter said, adding that her mother had bitten her father after he returned the wine.

“My mother had complained to her friend that my father did not buy any gift for her while she had always bought wine for him on her trips.

“When my father found out, he was very angry, so he returned the wine to her.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...