Sunday, June 29, 2014

Are you fat or thin?

I USED to be 62kg in my barely5 feet 2 inches petite frame.This meant that I didn’t look too proportionate.

In my quest to be healthier, I noticed that the same principles apply too for my quest to be wealthier:

>Make small sustainable changes

>Incorporate exercise

>Have a long-term view

To be healthier

I changed my diet a little to include more protein and less carbohydrates. Ten per cent more protein meant 10% less carbohydrates.

It was not just a onetime event to lose the weight and then go back to the regular way of eating. Since the change was quite small, I could follow it permanently.

I incorporated both cardiovascular and strength training to get an optimum result. The exercise activity was sustainable by making it as convenient as possible - weights in the house, in the car, gym close to office, etc.

I did take a long time to gain the weight so it’s only reasonable I tookan equally long time to lose it.

Losing weight slowly but steadily allows my body to adjust. To be wealthier I changed the way of allocating money by increasing my savings.

I started with only 10% extra into savings which meant 10% less expenditure, but 10% is hardly noticeable so I could stick to it.This is not a one-time event but a continuous process of allocating my money diligently.

I ‘exercised’ my money to work harder in both conservative, balanced and aggressive funds to get higher returns than 3% bank rates. I also made the investments easy and convenient by automating the process via bank direct debit feature.

I have a long-term outlook to ensure my money has time to grow because a one-time event will not make me wealthy.As the Malaysaying goes, “Sedikitsedikit,lama-lama jadi bukit”. Building money slowly and steadilywillmean thatIwillhave a mountain over time.

Health - I have lost more than 12 kg and have loads of energy.

Wealth - My effort has paid off and I am indeed wealthier than before.

Do you want to be healthier and wealthier too?

BY AMELIA HONG. VICE-PRESIDENT OF SUCCESS CONCEPTS LIFE PLANNERS

The writer can be contacted at info@successconcepts.biz

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...